Week 4

For the week 4 workshop we were looking at our competitors and how we could get inspiration to influence our development in our application. I looked at many different applications that focused on budgeting and the ones that stood out to me were Cleo and Concur. I chose these applications because they both looked at saving money for different target audiences. Cleo was a more personal, informal application where you had to simulate a text in to a AI software that replied with a message giving the user statistics of how much they have in their bank account and how much they have spent on specific goods over the given month or week. I also looked at concur and how it relates to the business man and the travelling entrepreneur. It gave details on hotel and travel expenses and this would allow the user to claim them on the works bank account. This would only work if he knew exactly how much he was spending and the app allows the user to scan receipts and online transactions straight to their phone. This would be something I would like to incorporate into my application.